It’s official – Jung is growing organic! Since 1907 we’ve supplied the highest quality seeds at fair prices to gardeners and farmers. Now we are committed to providing the same reliability and excellence in every organic seed packet along with some of the best prices in the country.
For seeds to be labeled organic they must be nurtured and processed in strict accordance with the USDA’s National Organic Program (NOP) standards. We identified organic varieties of old classics and customer favorites as well as selected exciting up-and-comers for our 2019 catalog.
3 Reasons to Grow Our Organic Seeds:
- Grown Without Synthetic Pesticides
- Certified Organic, Non-GMO & open pollinated (except for hybrid seeds)
- Guaranteed to Germinate
With over 60 new organic varieties for top flavor, quality & yield it can be hard to know where to start. Here are a few of our favorites for 2019.
5 Favorite Organic Varieties to Thrive in Your Garden
- Organic Blue Lake 274 Bush Bean: Blue lake Bush Beans hit every vegetable gardeners dream check list! They are easy-to-grow, produce ample harvests, quickly mature and provide big flavor with no strings. Pick and eat these delicious beans fresh or they are perfect for steaming, canning and freezing.
- Red Salad Bowl Organic Lettuce: Heirloom variety with bronzed burgundy red, deeply lobed, delicate oak-like leaves. These crisp and delicious plants are not only a beautiful addition to salads but are a top performer in your vegetable garden. They are slow to bolt and early to harvest. Plant it in spring, summer, and fall.
- Defiant Phr Organic Hybrid Tomato: This tomato is named for its resistance to most tomato diseases and is bursting with great flavor. It is easy-to-grow, high-yielding, with widely adaptable plants that grow 6-8 0z. globe-shaped fruit that have a deep red color and good texture. These juicy tomatoes will be among the first to ripen in your garden.
- Napoli Organic Hybrid Carrot: Among the earliest of spring-sown carrots with delicious flavor and a mild juicy crunch. Harvest at 45 days for bright orange baby carrots or let it grow to 7-8 inch full-size. One of the best carrots for overwintering, sometimes referred to as the sugar carrot.
- Belstar Organic Hybrid Broccoli: If you have trouble growing broccoli or just have been intimidated to try, this is the broccoli for you! It has proven to be a dependable performer wherever its grow, even in unfavorable conditions. These uniform, 6-inch heads are beautiful blue-green, with heads held high off the plant for easy harvest. Good for eating fresh or freezing.
We take great pride in being one of the few family-owned seed businesses that have helped Americans grow their gardens for over 112 years. We hope that this new offering of organic seeds, allows you to grow your own food organically and economically.
We are here to answer any questions and help you grow your best garden, just email us at email@example.com.
Learn more about Starting Seeds from our other Blog Posts